- Start date: 20/01/2017
- End date: 19/01/2020
- Duration (months): 36
- Total budget: € 217.500
- Lab Budget: € 71.750
- Number of partners: 2
- Partners: CMCC, Core Lab – Università del Salento
Combining the level of danger (severity of invasion of Xf), exposure (eg, verified or suspected, infected plants) and the vulnerability (plant predisposition to be infected) the system aggregates information useful to the definition of appropriate prevention or healing techniques. Xf is an aerobic bacterium that multiplies in the conductive vessels of xylema (lymph) of host plants occluding them. It is possible to notice, between the healthy plant and the diseased plant, an alteration of the xylematic transport parameters. High frequency monitoring of these parameters, using an integrated sensor system and IT software capable of processing and analysing such data, provides information on the presence of the pathogen.
– Development, integration and implementation of “personalized” monitoring and forecasting systems for Xf, versatile, modular and scalable, to be transferred to the same problem in different contexts and / or similar issues in the same context.
– Mapping the risk of dehydration for the areas covered by the monitoring, risk derived from the combination of 3 specific information: danger, exposure and vulnerability.
– The methodological and technological-informatics structure, made available to consumers, both private and local authorities and decision-makers, provides a strong impetus to the innovation of diagnostic, care and prevention interventions and related planning directions.
- Design and development of integrated sensors system useful to monitor the health plant condition;
- Design and development of IT system for data management and sharing.
For more information please contact: Maria Elena Latino (email@example.com)