- Start date: 01/01/2014
- End date: 31/12/2015
- Duration (months): 24
- Total budget: € 1.099.700
- Lab Budget: € 200.000
- Number of partners: 4
- Partners: Apphia srl, CICII – Università del Salento, Eka srl, DemetriX srl.
The project wants to address the issue of documenting the intangible cultural heritage to pass on it to future generations and aims to provide a response to the need to support government departments and agencies on issues related to the management of events relating to the demo-anthropological heritage. Also it wants to be useful to the needs of cultural industries linked to these events, promoting economic growth and development of the area.
In summary, Folkture is a platform to support the fruition and the certification of Intangible Cultural Heritage. Its purpose is:
- the creation of a perspective on fruition and valorisation of the Immaterial Cultural Assets (ICA) supported byICT;
- The creation ofdocumentation relatedtoBCIthroughcrowdsourcingandstorytelling;
- The developmentof a methodologyof representationofcollectivecultural identityexpression;
- The creation offruitionpaths basedon theinterdependencebetween the intangible cultural heritage and the material cultural heritage and natural assets;
- The creation of models of SN with particular regard to the interaction between the users of ICA;
- The direct detectionof the state of the event, from the field, in the logic of analysis and decision support;
- The transposition of concepts typical of Business Process Modelling (BPM) in the industrial sector.
The platform’s services are related to the following modules:
FOLK TRADITION NAVIGATION
WEB service with related application for mobile end points, and graphical interface. It enables augmented fruition of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Application based on models and semantic technologies for the aggregation of contents from user experiences (photos, videos, testimonies…). It allows the cataloging of the ICA for the UNESCO certification.
ICT service that allows users to share informations and multimedia material. It allows the interaction among users, the fruition on the distance of the event, the security monitoring of the the event, the impact analysis.
The ICT platform tools are available through WEB and mobile applications. Among these, the “La Notte della Taranta 2015” App proposed an innovative standard of documentation and fruition of cultural heritage. The App, free, for Android and iOS, supported the Festival of Salento “La Notte della Taranta” for its entire duration and can be downloaded from the stores.
– Navigation and user support in moving towards / in the area of fruition of the intangible event;
– Decision Support System;
– Augmented Navigation;
– BPA – business process analysis based on BPMN standard – Business Process Modeling Notation;
– BPMS – Business Process Management Systems;
– Semantic cataloging;
– Social Networking;
– Relational and non-relational databases;
– Communication in real time.
For more information please contact: Francesco Pettinato (email@example.com)