The EDITABLE research area gathers many interdisciplinary skills. Its focus is the development of innovative methodological and technological solutions for the specific requirements of the Built Environment. Looking at it as a complex system, the research team aims to study the interaction between housing, information and Social systems. The application of Industry 4.0 paradigms (Internet of Things, Localization Systems and Wireless Networks) to the AEC Industry (Architecture, Engineering & Construction Industry) it is one of our most strategic areas. Research activities include: services for the digitization of the AEC industry, inclusive methodologies for the adoption of BIM for lifecycle management, CAD/ BIM automation and generative parametric design; management of data generated by networks of physical objects , devices, vehicles, buildings and electronics, software, sensors and network connections in order to measure the resource consumption raising awareness among the inhabitants of a particular built space (at different scales) and the structural monitoring.
- Design, develop and technological integration of Hardware and Software
- Internet of Things for the built environment
- Governance innovation models for reconceiving Urban Spaces
- Circular Economy for the AEC Industry
- Product Service System as a response for urban needs
- Open Source models, standard and technologies for collaborative and integrated construction processes
- Building Information Modeling – BIM
- Management of Geographic Information System (GIS) data, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry
- ICT for the built environment;
- Business and Permitting process modeling, analysis and monitoring
- Metering and Monitoring services for resource consumptions
- CAD-FEM-BIM software automation, energy simulation automation
- Software development and integration Development and application of innovative methodologies
- customization of third party software (eg. Commercial Software, legacy, open or free)
- Hardware: Energy Meters, Raspberry Pi;
- Networks: OpenVpn, rs485, modbus rtu;
- Software Development: linux driver, Posix process Xcode, gcc, make;
- Hardware Development: LTSpice, KiCad;
- Building Information Modeling System (BIM): Revit Autodesk
- UNISALENTO-RMM a cluster of smart meter installed in MV/LV Substation and in HVAC central of Univesity of Salento.
- DHITECH-RMM a cluster of smart meter installed in Dhitech scarl building.
- Di Biccari, C. & Heigener, D., 2018. Semantic modeling of wastewater treatment plants towards international data format standards. In: Proceedings of the 30th Forum Bauinformatik. Weimar, Germany, 09/19/2018 (submitted). [Download]
- Di Biccari, C.;Abualdenien, J.; Borrmann, A. & Corallo,A. 2019. A BIM-based framework to visually evaluate Circularity and Life Cycle Cost of Buildings. In: Proceedings of CESB19 Central Euroupe towards Sustainable Building, Prague, Czech Republic, 07/02/2019 (submitted) [Download]
For more information please contact: Salvatore Totaro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area Maturity Degree
- L. Fortunato, S. Lettera, S. Totaro, M. Lazoi, C. Bisconti, A. Corallo, G. Pantalone: Optimizing a competence management system: An algebraic approch.
- C. Bisconti, A. Corallo, M. De Maggio, F. Grippa, S. Totaro: Using quantum agent-based simulation to model social networks: An innovative interdisciplinary approach.
- Cristian Bisconti, Angelo Corallo, Marco De Maggio, Francesca Grippa, Salvatore Totaro: Quantum Modeling of Social Dynamics. 01/2010; 1(1):1-11. DOI:10.4018/jksr.2010010101
- Cristian Bisconti, Angelo Corallo, Hossam Faris, Salvatore Totaro: AN SQL EXTENSION FOR LATENT SEMANTIC ANALYSIS.
- Gagliardi, D., Schina, L., Sarcinella, M. L., Mangialardi, G., Niglia, F., & Corallo, A. (2016). Information and communication technologies and public participation: interactive maps and value added for citizens. Government Information Quarterly.
- Cristian Bisconti, Davide Storelli, Salvatore Totaro, Francesco Arigliano, Vincenzo Savarino, Claudia Vicari: A network-oriented business modeling environment. Evolving Towards the Internetworked Enterprise, 03/2010: pages 41-60;
- Mariangela Lazoi, Giustina Secundo, Salvatore Totaro, Antonio Zilli: A framework for knowledge security in aerospace inter-organizational Network. Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE), 2012 18th International ICE Conference on; 06/2012
- Hossam Faris, Salvatore Totaro, Angelo Corallo: A semantic knowledge search platform for aerospace collaborative working environments. Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference Intelligent Systems and Agents 2011, Part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems 2011, MCCSIS 2011, Rome, Italy; 07/2011
- Hossam Faris, Salvatore Totaro, Angelo Corallo: Framework and Implementation of a Knowledge Management System for Aerospace Collaborative Working Environments.. 12th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management, MDM 2011, Luleå, Sweden, June 6-9, 2011, Volume 2; 01/2011
- Laura Fortunato, Serena Lettera, Salvatore Totaro, Mariangela Lazoi, Cristian Bisconti, Angelo Corallo, Giovanni Pantalone: Development of a Competence Management System: an Algebraic Approach.. 6th Conference on Professional Knowledge Management: From Knowledge to Action, February 21-23, 2011 in Innsbruck, Austria; 01/2011
- Lanfranco Marasso, Marco De Maggio, Valentina Chetta, Maddalena Grieco, Carla Elia, Salvatore Totaro: Allowing Citizens to Self-compose Personalized Services: A Cloud Computing Model. On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems: OTM 2010 Workshops – Confederated International Workshops and Posters: International Workshops: AVYTAT, ADI, DATAVIEW, EI2N, ISDE, MONET, OnToContent, ORM, P2P-CDVE, SeDeS, SWWS and OTMA. Hersonissos, Crete, Greece, October 25-29, 2010. Proceedings; 10/2010
- Cristian Bisconti, Angelo Corallo, Marco De Maggio, Francesca Grippa, Salvatore Totaro: Quantum Modeling of Social Networks. Visioning and Engineering the Knowledge Society. A Web Science Perspective, Second World Summit on the Knowledge Society, WSKS 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece, September 16-18, 2009. Proceedings; 09/2009
- Di Biccari, C., Mangialardi, G., Corallo, A., & Lazoi, M. (2016). Product-Service System as an Instrument for Territorial and Urban Planning: From a Literature Review to a Preliminary Methodology. Procedia CIRP, 47, 174-179.
- Balena, P., Mangialardi, G., & Torre, C. M. (2012, June). A BEP analysis of energy supply for sustainable urban microgrids. In International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (pp. 116-127). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Balena, P., Bonifazi, A., & Mangialardi, G. (2013, June). Smart Communities Meet Urban Management: Harnessing the Potential of Open Data and Public/Private Partnerships through Innovative E-Governance Applications. In International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (pp. 528-540). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Martinelli, N., Kuhtz, S., Pagnelli, T., & Mangialardi, G. (2013). Infrastrutture urbane a servizio di una smart community. Il caso di Bari smart city. In VII Giornata di studi dell’INU-La città sobria (pp. 231-240). Edizioni Scientifiche Italiane.
- Bagnato, V. P., Mangialardi, G., Milella, S., & Mundo, M. Technology and productive process mining rejections from waste to sustainable resource. Places and Technologies 2014, 549.
- Ceppi, C., De Fino, M., Mangialardi, G., Erario, S., & Selicato, F. (2014, June). Methods and Techniques for Integrated Mesoscale and Microscale Analysis of Urban Thermal Behavior: The Case of Bari (Italy). In International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (pp. 414-429). Springer International Publishing.