Start date: 31/08/2018
End date: 30/07/2020
Duration (months): 24
Total budget: € 3.000.000
Lab Budget: € 180.000
Number of partners: 6
Partners: AIRPORTS OF PUGLIA S.P.A.; CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF BARI; UNIVERSITY OF SALENTO; PREVEZA CHAMBER; UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS / SPECIAL ACCOUNT FOR RESEARCH GRANTS.
Observer: APULIA REGION – LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND MAJOR PROJECTS
FRESH WAYS is an infrastructural intervention, which has the general objective to promote sustainable transport and cost-effective solutions, reducing the dependency on trucks as not environmentally-friendly way of transport. The project aims to improve commercial exchange along with passengers transport between Puglia and Greece, thanks to the specific objective of establishing new ways to ship fresh products and extend the availability of Puglia-Greece routes covered by passengers’ airlines in the eligible area. The specific objective will be pursued through the evaluation of the possibility of using passengers’ airlines to ship fresh products in their hold. Furthermore, in line with the triple helix approach, the proposal will promote cooperation platform between Public administrations, research centres and business sector in order to identify potentials and pave the way for future eco-sustainable transport investments. The proposal will enforce a model for a tourism seasonally adjusted, and will have spill over effects on the Adriatic countries (within EUSAIR strategy) that propose to overcome the GAP with advanced tourism systems. For this reason, Fresh Ways aims to reduce dependency on road transport for freight, in line with one of the specific results foreseen by the S.O.3.2 of the programme, developing environmental friendly, multimodal, cross border, integrated interventions.
Fresh Ways expects to:
- reduce the annual road freight transport loaded in the Programme Area not using intensive maritime transport activity. Therefore, an integrated unique system of goods’ distributions from/to airports to reduce environmental pressures of road transport will be supported;
- reply to the needs of the eligible area, and provide services to a large number of involved bodies and beneficiaries, supporting and improving the current goods market and creating new market;
- enhance air transport between touristic regions in Greece and Italy;
- promote the extension of tourism season and increase the number of travelers between the two countries;
- contribute to the EUSAIR macro-regional objectives: indirectly, the proposal expects to increase easier connections between Greece and the whole EUSAIR area thanks to the optimization and deseasonalization of the air routes from/to Bari and the diversification of the touristic offer;
- capitalize on the project findings by transferring the new method and actions to other regions that can benefit from the results;
- demonstrate the market contribution within the global aims of the Programme.
The CORE Lab group activities are:
- Technical coordination (participation to kick off meeting, Project Steering Committee (PSC) and Project Management Board (PMB) meetings, organization of a SC&PMB meeting, project management)
- administrative and financial management;
- support for monitoring and evaluation plan;
- contribution to project web data contents;
- contribution to editing the feasibility study. Feasibility study envisages developing a business model and plan for demonstrating the sustainability and convenience of transport in terms of costs and delivery times from Apulia to Greece and vice versa, joining information from goods transport tariffs, load capacity, load rating, and interest that the dealers would have to typical local foreign products.
- design and development of the following Fresh Ways ICT platform components:
- solution for Cost-Time-Footprint Comparison among different transport modes;
- algorithm and related WEB management interface to estimate the component “airline cost” within the total shipping cost of products;
- solution to allow product traceability.
- support to the implementation of the multimodal and intermodal transport for the last mile products’ distribution through the above ICT components deploy, tuning & bug fixing.
Technologies for WEB and Mobile software development and for traceability.
For more information please contact: Francesco pettinato (firstname.lastname@example.org)