- Start date: 01/01/2014
- End date: 31/12/2016
- Duration (months): 36
- Total budget: € 12.737.000
- Lab Budget: € 800.000
- Number of partners: 8
- Partners: Alenia Aermacchi S.p.A., DTA Scarl, AVIO S.p.A., ENGINSOFT S.p.A., Consorzio CETMA, Università del Salento – Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Innovazione, Politecnico di Bari – Dipartimento di Meccanica, Matematica e Management, SALVER S.p.A.
One of the aims of the project is to dramatically improve production process performance through the design, development and testing of SMART FACTORY methods and technologies.
In particular the objectives are:
- to define knowledge-based methodologies to support the manufacturing process by the application of FBM (Feature Based Manufacturing) approaches.
- to develop a framework able to ensure availability and access to manufacturing data directly from the production line.
- to develop an integrated platform to support multi-disciplinary simulation and production processes, based on digital mock-up technologies (DMU), virtual reality and digital manufacturing.
- to define methodologies and knowledge based management tools to integrate simulation and test data.
- Prototype of a KBM (Knowledge-based Manufacturing) system based on a set of a priori rules (defined from standards and industrial best practices) and geometry recognition on the CAD model (feature) that automates the creation of manufacturing processes, enabling a strong link between design and production.
- Design and implementation of an integrated HW / SW infrastructure for identification and tracking of parts and equipment involved in the manufacturing process, which provides production line with the necessary data; it results in a reduction of costs and inefficiencies due to misalignment between engineering and manufacturing.
- Development of a multi-disciplinary platform for simulation and collaborative engineering design, which integrates systems for management of product (PDM), physical test (TDM) and engineering simulations (SDM ) data with digital mock-up (DMU), virtual reality and digital manufacturing technologies.
- Definition of an engineering dashboard to support Engineering department activities, able to represent and put in relation to each other simulation data (CAE) and test data.
- Analysis of the industrial problems and related solutions;
- Technology Scouting and commercial tools Benchmarking;
- Requirements analysis and solutions development;
- Development of methodologies;
- Integration of platforms and development of interfaces for data exchange;
- System Testing.
- PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) (e.g. Teamcenter),
- CAD – CAM (e.g. Siemens NX),
- Bunisness Process Management (BPM),
- Digital Mock-up (e.g. Teamcenter Visualization Mockup, Esi IC.IDO),
- Virtual Reality,
- RFID Technologies,
- PDM (Product Data Management), TDM (Test Data Management), SDM (SImulation Data Management) platform,
- Engineering analytics (e.g. Exalead, HiQube).
For more information please contact: Mariangela Lazoi (firstname.lastname@example.org)