Start date: 01/07/2020
End date: 31/12/2022
Duration (months): 30
Total budget: € 996.997,04
Lab Budget: € 184.818.74
Number of partners: 5
- Fondazione ITS per la Mobilità sostenibile – ambito gestione infomobilità e infrastrutture logistiche – GE.IN.LOGISTIC.
- Università del Salento
- CAMERA DI COMMERCIO, INDUSTRIA, ARTIGIANATO E AGRICOLTURA DEL MOLISE
- University of Montenegro
- Albanian Institute of Transport
The project ISACC (Innovative Systems to enhance Antifraud Customs Controls) aims to define information methodologies, models, processes and structures that could simplify and harmonize the introduction of an innovative approach to anti-fraud inspection and control in the following countries: Italy, Albania and Montenegro. These countries are now important trading partners, and national customs administrations play an important role in ensuring the movement of goods across borders and international supply chains, preventing illicit trade in large volumes of goods and facilitating the flow of legitimate trade cargo. Consequently, improving customs inspection and control processes is critical to meeting this dual need.
The project is based on three pillars:
- building an international network of public institutions in the customs sector;
- design, development and piloting of the IT platform to support customs control activities;
- capacity building for customs officials, focusing on the use and functionality of the ISACC platform, and for individuals, focusing on eCustoms procedures.
The project main results are the following:
- a solid network of players and public operators in the Programme Area that will cooperate to tackle the common challenges of increasing the efficiency of customs procedures, facilitating trade and improving the exchange of information on circulating goods;
- an hi-tech platform supporting the customs activities, which is interoperable and integrated with the technological systems already adopted by customs authorities of the three countries;
Overall, the aggregate of project results will contribute to achieve the expected programme results in terms of:
- more sustainable and efficient freight transport systems;
- optimization of existing connections and of regular transit times and shared procedures;
- consolidation of the supply logistic chain.
Our group has been involved in the following activity:
- developing of the IT platform with the consultant of the Lead Partner;
- redaction of the document related to pilot sites identification and selection;
- creation of user manual of IT platform in order to allow the creation of webinar contents;
publishing and disseminating relevant contents of the project thought the communication channels of the ISACC Project.
The main objective of the project is to define a so-called customs “footprint”, which consists of a digital module that includes all the information and parameters of a commodity, aiming to verify in the intermediate stages (customs checkpoints) the invariance of the information generated through automatic data analysis systems and geo-tracking information processed by AI technologies.
For more information please contact: Claudio Pascarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)